Day 34 The Grand Finale. (40 miles or so)

It was D Day ! It had finally come and I for one had knots in my belly!!! The plan was that I would drive the 60 miles straight to Bondi and find somewhere to park the van. I was nervous of the motorway traffic and worried about Dermot’s route into Sydney. We left at 7.30 and being Saturday the traffic wasn’t too bad. There was fog for a bit which isn’t great! Due to roadworks Dermot was sent on a different route and he got a bit lost around Penrith but eventually he got back onto the Great Western Highway. The fog went and the sun came out and he thought he could see the Harbour Bridge in the distance.I couldn’t believe it when without much warning  I found myself crossing Sydney Harbour Bridge!  I got to Bondi and parked up then got the bus back to the Opera house where we met up again.Then , after a lovely lunch and a celebratory glass of fizz , he cycled to Bondi and I returned by bus and we met up for the ceremonial dipping of the front wheel in the Pacific ocean.
It’s been an amazing journey for both of us. We’ve seen so much and met lovely people along the way. Now we will stay in Bondi Beach for five nights and just chill out. I think we deserve it!





Comments

  1. Congratulations you guys....Well done, Bottle of bubbly on the Chill for when we catch up again...πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ†πŸΎπŸΎπŸ️🏝️πŸ–️⛱️.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 Nullarbor Roadhouse to Nundroo (73 miles)

Day 30 Goolgari to West Wyalong. (92 miles)

Day 33 Bathurst to Springwood (92 miles)